EdCET stands for Education Common Entrance Test. EdCET is the Common Entrance Examination for admissions to B.Ed course offered by various Universities in Andhra Pradesh, India. A candidate who wishes to pursue the course of B.Ed in the University or its affiliated Colleges has to qualify the examination.
The common entrance test will be of objective type (multiple choice) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions
in 2 hours time.
Part-A: General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
Part-B: 1) General Knowledge – 15 questions for 15 marks
2) Teaching aptitude – 10 questions for 10 marks
Part-C: Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consist of 100 questions for 100 marks.
1) Mathematics – 100 questions for 100 marks
2) Physical sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Physics – 50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Chemistry – 50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Botany – 50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Zoology – 50 questions for 50 marks
4) Social Studies – 100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Geography – 35 questions for 35 marks
(ii) History – 30 questions for 30 marks
(iii) Civics – 15 questions for 15 marks
(iv) Economics – 20 questions for 20 marks
5) English – 100 questions for 100 marks
Note: Part-A and Part-B is common for all the candidates irrespective of Methodology.
Candidates who are planning to write Ed-CET should satisfy the following criteria :
• The candidates should have cleared one of the following degrees from any of the Universities recognized by Indian Government.:
- B.Sc.(Home Science)
• Candidates who are writing their final year exams of the above mentioned degrees in the respective year may also apply for the exam.
• General Category Candidates should have achieved a minimum aggregate of 50% in one of the Bachelor Degrees mentioned above.
• Other reserved category candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 40% in their respective degrees.
Age Limit of Ed-CET
• Candidate should be above the age of 19years by the date mentioned in that particular year.
Qualification Criteria for Ed.CET
• General and OBC category candidates should get a minimum of 37 marks in the Ed-CET exam to qualify it.
• For SC/ST Category candidates a minimum mark has not been defined .
EDCET 2013 Results released on June 20th.
EDCET 2013 Notification released on March 4th.
EdCET 2013 Exam Date
EdCET 2013 Notification